Stoke City are offering its supporters free travel to all away Premier League matches for the 2013-14 season.
The Potters believe they’re the first club to offer the service in all four divisions of English football. The free bus service to away matches follows through on “the increase in their income delivered by the new TV deals, in a bid to try and ease the financial burden on fans who follow City on their travels.”
While it’s easy for opposing fans to make jokes about Stoke City or their style of football, Stoke should be commended for making this decision and being a trailblazer in the Premier League. Hopefully more clubs can follow Stoke’s lead in these tough economic times especially when clubs this season will be receiving significant increases in money from TV revenue.
Chief Executive Tony Scholes said:
“As a Club we are conscious that following football can be an expensive business, especially at a time when so many people are feeling the squeeze financially.
“We work hard to try and provide our supporters with value for money which is why we have not increased our ticket prices since being promoted to the Premier League in 2008.
“However, we realise how expensive following the Club away from home can be for supporters and we’re delighted to be able to offer free coach travel and hope it encourages more of them to give us their fantastic backing away from home.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo