It is crunch time in the Premier League. Liverpool and Manchester City hit speed bumps in the Champions League this past week.
Surely, a number of fans were looking forward to another meeting between the two in the Champions League Final. After all, the two sides played to remarkable games earlier in the season. However, Liverpool will be the English representative in Paris later in May.
Looking at the Premier League, Liverpool is still in the hunt for the quadruple. The Reds host Tottenham in a rare Saturday afternoon game. Liverpool still trails City, which plays Newcastle on Sunday, by one point.
Tottenham also has positioning to play for. Spurs trail rivals Arsenal by two points for that ever-valuable fourth spot in the Premier League. The Gunners are expected to grab another three points when they host Leeds.
Leeds United, Everton and Burnley remaining in a contentious battle in the relegation zone. Everton holds a game in hand over its two rivals in the table. Yet, the Toffees are two points behind both Leeds and Burnley. Everton is at Leicester City on Sunday and Burnley hosts Aston Villa. The relegation battle is as entertaining, if not more so, than the races towards the top of the table. Everton’s dramatic result against Chelsea a week ago demonstrated the emotions there.
Manchester United’s ailing season nears its end. United is playing game No. 37 on the season out of 38 total. Champions League placement is all but evaporated. Even then, a spot in the Europa League is still up for grabs.
Coverage on NBC
There are ten games split with six games on Saturday and four on Sunday, which is also Mother’s Day. On both days, Premier League Mornings gets the day started at 9 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. In between each of the time slots, Premier League Live wraps up earlier games before Goal Zone gives the breakdown of what happened in each game.
This weekend, coverage is at another remote location. With the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, NBC’s coverage is live from Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY. Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe and Tim Howard all make the trip to the race track with Rebecca Lowe.
Just one of the ten games this weekend is in 4K. The weekend finale between Newcastle and Manchester City is on higher resolution. Check to see if your provider and device allow access to one of the channels for 4K resolution in advance.
EPL Commentators on NBC: May 7 and May 8
All of the following times are U.S. Eastern Time.
Saturday, May 7
10 a.m. — Burnley vs. Aston Villa. Peacock Premium. — Paul Gilmour and Courtney Sweetman Kirk.
10 a.m. — Brentford vs. Southampton. Peacock Premium. — Andy Bishop and Efan Ekoku.
10 a.m. — Crystal Palace vs. Watford. Peacock Premium. — Gary Taphouse and Iain Dowie.
Sunday, May 8
9 a.m. — Arsenal vs. Leeds United. Peacock Premium. — Jim Proudfoot and Matt Holland.
9 a.m. — Norwich City vs. West Ham United. Peacock Premium. — Tony Jones and Efan Ekoku.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Roma and Feyenoord hoping to turn the corner in Conference League final
- Chelsea tickets on sale for U.S. friendlies
- Man City title miracle all part of Pep’s plan
- Hertha Berlin keep Bundesliga status with play-off win at Hamburg
- Italy face Argentina in UEFA vs CONMEBOL final on FS1
- Spinazzola makes Italy return for ‘Finalissima’ and Nations League
- Ukraine will be ready for World Cup play-off: Scotland boss Clarke
- Avram Glazer defends Man Utd reign after troubled season
- Mbappe says he consulted Macron over PSG deal
- West Ham’s Zouma in court over ‘cat abuse’ video