ESPN networks and ABC will present all 51 matches and 140 combined hours of live coverage of the UEFA European Football Championship 2020, June 11 through July 11. Throughout the month-long tournament, ESPN+ will also offer a dynamic second-screen experience, daily studio programming and simulcasts of the semifinals and Final matches, among its first-ever European Championship offerings.
Coverage begins Wednesday, June 9, with a 30-minute tournament preview show (6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2). On Friday, June 11, the opening match of EURO 2020 features Turkey vs. Italy from Stadio Olimpico in Rome (2:30 p.m., ESPN and ESPN App).
ESPN is presenting its fourth straight UEFA European Football Championship in the United States since 2008. Spain (2008 and 2012) and Portugal (2016) were previously crowned champions of football in Europe on ABC or ESPN networks.
Highlights of ESPN’s UEFA EURO 2020 presentation:
Live matches per network/platform:
• ABC – five matches
• ESPN – 40 matches
• ESPN2 – six matches
• ESPN+ – all 51 matches livestreamed via a second-screen experience of three simultaneous video feeds with audio from ESPN • match commentators, as well as simulcasts of the semifinals and Final match telecasts
• ESPN App – all ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN+ matches will stream live on the ESPN App.
All match telecasts for the UEFA European Football Championship will include pregame, halftime and postgame studio segments across ABC, ESPN and ESPN2.
EURO Today will air in-between matches throughout the tournament.
EURO Tonight will air on match-days after the last match on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2
Surround content: Leading up to and during the month-long competition, ESPN3 will showcase 12 EURO 2020 pre-tournament magazine shows.
Throughout the tournament, all editions of ESPN’s flagship program SportsCenter will feature UEFA EURO 2020 content including up-to-date team news, match previews, highlights, analysis and opinion.
ESPN’s UEFA EURO 2020 commentators represent one of the top teams ever assembled by the company for coverage of a global soccer tournament, including World Cup winners from multiple countries – Alessandro Del Piero (Italy, 2006), Julie Foudy (USA, 1991 and 1999), Sami Khedira (Germany, 2014), ESPN FC’s Frank Leboeuf (France, 1998). Other top voices include studio hosts Rece Davis and Kelly Cates, and match commentators Ian Darke and Jon Champion.
Match commentator teams:
Ian Darke (play-by-play) and Stewart Robson (analyst)
Jon Champion and Taylor Twellman
Derek Rae and Efan Ekoku
Steve Cangialosi and Alejandro Moreno
Mark Donaldson and Matteo Bonetti.
Hosts: Rece Davis, Kelley Cates, Sebastian Salazar, Kay Murray and Dalen Cuff
Studio Analysts: Steve McManaman, Julie Foudy, Alessandro Del Piero, Sami Khedira, Chris Coleman, Kasey Keller, Tim Howard, Nedum Onuoha, Craig Burley, and officiating expert Matt Clattenburg
Reporters: Sam Borden, Martin Ainstein, Archie Rhind-Tutt and Alexis Nunes.
UEFA EURO 2020 on ESPN+
All 51 matches during EURO 2020 will stream live on ESPN+ via a second-screen experience of three different feeds – an aerial cam and two team cams– complemented with audio from ESPN’s match commentators. Additional ESPN+ highlights:
Simulcasts of ESPN’s presentation of the UEFA EURO 2020 semifinals and final matches
UEFA EURO-branded studio programming will include a daily highlight show, review shows leading into the Round of 16 and quarterfinals, a tournament review and UEFA EURO 2020 Final preview show, and a special recap program immediately following the Final
A collection of classic UEFA European Football Championship matches will be available beginning Tuesday, June 8.
ESPN FC – Exclusively on ESPN+
A rotating panel of pundits – Shaka Hislop, Frank Leboeuf, Steve Nicol, Don Hutchison, Del Piero, Onuoha, Burley, Moreno and Keller – will join hosts Dan Thomas and Murray to review daily UEFA EURO 2020 matches and to discuss other global football news. Throughout the month, ESPN.com’s soccer journalists based in Europe (Gab Marcotti, Sid Lowe, Julien Laurens, Mark Ogden and Nunes) will report from some of the UEFA EURO 2020 host countries.
Leading up to and during the month-long competition, ESPN3 will showcase 12 pre-tournament magazine shows, studio review shows leading into the Round of 16 and quarterfinals, and a one-hour UEFA EURO 2020 Final preview show on Saturday, July 10.
Entre Copas on ESPN Deportes
Throughout the UEFA European Football Championship 2020, ESPN Deportes will air Entre Copas, a daily recap show at 11 p.m. ET (8 p.m. PT) beginning today (June 7) through August 1. Hosted by Carolina De Las Salas and Katia Castorena, Entre Copas will cover the goals, key plays, and offer the best debate by ESPN Deportes’ soccer experts, focusing on this summer’s three major international soccer tournaments – UEFA EURO 2020, Copa America 2021 and the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Soccer experts and reporters who will have recurring roles on Entre Copas include Jorge Ramos, Hernán Pereyra, Richard Méndez, Ricardo Ortiz, Andrés Agulla, Fernando Palomo, Martin Ainstein, Moises Llorens, Eduardo Abascal, Rodrigo Faez, José del Valle, Pilar Pérez, Stephanie Chaverri, Juanxo Villaverde, Jenny Fernández, Milton Melendez, Mauricio Rivas, Dionisio Estrada, Hérculez Gómez, Mauricio Pedroza and John Sutcliffe.
Here’s the Euro 2020 TV schedule (all times Eastern):
Euro 2020 TV schedule
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Leicester City vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV
- Will FOX broadcast the World Cup in 4K?
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss