Portuguese soccer legend Eusebio is considered by many as one of the greatest footballers ever.
Nicknamed the Black Panther, Eusebio scored 733 goals in 745 appearances. Forty one of those goals were scored for Portugal, including a goal for Portugal against England in the 1966 World Cup semi-final. Unfortunately for Eusebio and his country, Portugal were defeated in that game but went on to finish third in the tournament after defeating the Soviet Union. Eusebio finished the tournament as the winner of the Golden Boot.
At the club level, Eusebio’s greatest achievement was helping Benfica win the European Cup in 1962. He also played for several other clubs, including NASL teams Toronto Metros-Croatia, Boston Minutemen, Las Vegas Quicksilvers and ASL team New Jersey Americans.
In 1965, Eusebio was named European Football of the Year.
Watch the 26-minute video here:
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season