Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Thierry Henry and Alex Song will be playing in a friendly game this summer in Chicago to raise money for charity.
Dubbed “Messi & Friends,” the exhibition match is being organized by Messi and will feature 36 world stars.
“This event will feature the world’s greatest players in a festival of soccer, the most popular sport on the planet,” said Sergio Codino, vice president of Numero 5 LLC, the match’s organiser. “The Messi and Friends friendly, much like the NFL Pro Bowl or the MLB All-Star Game, will provide fans with an incredible opportunity to witness the world’s greatest athletes from the world of soccer together on the field of competition before the Fifa World Cup in Brazil in 2014.”
Last summer, Messi played in a high-profile friendly in Miami called the World Masters Of Soccer, which featured Clint Dempsey, Luis Suarez, Messi and several other stars.
This summer’s game in Chicago, which is being billed as “Messi and Friends vs the World 2013,” will take place at Chicago’s Soldier Field on Saturday, July 6.
In addition to Messi, Henry, Fabregas and Song, other players scheduled to appear include David Trezeguet, Dani Osvaldo, Manuel Pinto and many more to be named soon.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season