You can watch the World Cup in the USA in a variety of ways. Streaming, OTA, cable, satellite, you name it. Americans have seemingly endless opportunities to watch the World Cup.
Of course, the major challenge now is figuring out the best way to watch the World Cup. It differs for everybody, based on different factors. Also, keep in mind that the kickoff times for the World Cup in Qatar are early, even for fans of European soccer. The first games kick off at 5 a.m. ET every day, with the last game set for 2 p.m. ET.
However, we can lay out all the options available for people in the United States looking to watch the most popular sporting event in the world.
Where can I watch the World Cup in the USA?
For those looking for English-language coverage, you can watch the World Cup in the USA via FOX. In terms of TV, FOX puts all the World Cup games on either its linear channel or FS1. The major games, such as those involving the USMNT or the semifinal and Final, are available on FOX. The full schedule is subject to change, depending on how important certain games are.
Cable, satellite and streaming platforms like fuboTV or Hulu + Live TV carry both of those channels.
Watch World Cup 2022
Includes: FIFA World Cup, Gold Cup + 84 Sports Channels
|7-Day Free Trial|
If you have some form of TV subscription, you can also stream games through the FOX Sports app. You can also access on-demand replays of all 64 games using the app.
For the millions of Americans looking for where to watch the World Cup in the USA, everything runs through Telemundo and related channels. Telemundo’s OTA channel will have the majority of games. Any of those not on Telemundo are available via Universo. Like FS1, Universo does require some form of subscription to watch, as it is not an OTA channel.
However, if you have a subscription to Peacock Premium, which is $4.99 per month, you can live stream all 64 matches at the World Cup. Plus, there are on-demand replays of all games and a 24/7 channel that has news, replays and highlights of games. Again, this is exclusively in Spanish on Peacock Premium.
PHOTO: IMAGO / ActionPictures
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Rafa Benitez reportedly on Nottingham Forest’s radar
- Umbro releases alternative World Cup kit collection
- Cristiano Ronaldo expected to leave Manchester United in January
- Real’s Perez hopes Super League closes gap with US sports
- Soccer player misses game due to Xbox injury
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV
- Thomas Partey’s health is necessary for Arsenal and Ghana
- Vinícius and Foden should be in the ‘best young talent’ talk