CBS Sports today revealed its commentator lineup and coverage plans for the final round of Concacaf Men’s World Cup Qualifiers. CBS Sports will provide coverage of 21 matches during the September and October windows, including all U.S. road matches and all Mexico home and away matches.
Action kicks off on Thursday, Sept. 2, with every match on Paramount+ and select matches also on CBS Sports Network. Additional match windows and coverage details, including October studio coverage, will be announced at a later date.
Host Kate Abdo and analysts Clint Dempsey, Charlie Davies and Oguchi Onyewu return for CBS Sports’ live pre-match, halftime and post-match studio show. Nico Cantor will also contribute to studio coverage. In addition to traditional pre-match elements, studio coverage will provide live look-ins during the ongoing matches.
Mexico Women’s National Team player Janelly Farias will contribute to coverage on-site in Mexico on Thursday, Sept. 2 and will also serve as a match analyst alongside play-by-play commentator Adrian Garcia-Marquez. Farias and Garcia-Marquez will call Costa Rica vs. Mexico on Sunday, Sept. 5. Play-by-play commentator Andres Cordero and analyst Maurice Edu will call El Salvador vs. United States on Thursday, Sept. 2 and Honduras vs. United States on Wednesday, Sept. 8. Jenny Chiu will report on-site from San Salvador for the El Salvador vs. United States match on Thursday, Sept. 2, in Nashville for the United States vs. Canada match on Sunday, Sept. 5, and in San Pedro Sula for the Honduras vs. United States match on Wednesday, Sept. 8.
CBS Sports’ coverage of the Concacaf Men’s World Cup Qualifiers features the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico and Panama. The final round of Concacaf Men’s World Cup Qualifiers concludes in March 2022, and the top three teams will qualify for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, while the fourth-place team will compete in a FIFA Intercontinental Playoff in June 2022.
Pete Radovich, CBS Sports’ Senior Creative Director, will be the coordinating producer for Concacaf Men’s World Cup Qualifiers coverage. Jonathan Segal will produce CBS Sports’ coverage alongside Radovich. Harold Bryant is executive producer and Executive Vice President, Production, CBS Sports.
All times Eastern USA
FIFA World Cup Qualifying – CONCACAF
Thursday, October 7
Sunday, October 10
Wednesday, October 13
Friday, November 12
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family