Lyon (AFP) – Brazil midfielder Lucas Paqueta arrived in Lyon on Wednesday to undergo a medical before completing his transfer from AC Milan, the French club’s president, Jean-Michel Aulas, told AFP.
“He is in Lyon and is having a medical. We are waiting for the white smoke. We have reached an agreement with AC Milan,” Aulas said.
The 23-year-old is expected to cost Lyon a fee of more than 20 million euros ($23.4m) according to various French media reports.
Paqueta, who has won 11 caps for Brazil, had joined Milan from Flamengo in January last year but failed to properly settle at San Siro.
“Good luck to Lucas. He is still a good player and I told him to have full belief in his own ability,” said Milan coach Stefano Pioli, who was speaking ahead of his side’s Europa League play-off tie against Rio Ave in Portugal.
Paqueta’s arrival at last season’s Champions League semi-finalists could smooth the way for Houssem Aouar to leave the club. The midfielder has been linked with Arsenal and Juventus.
Jeff Reine-Adelaide could also leave Lyon, with Aulas indicating that there are two offers on the table for the France Under-21 midfielder. Those are thought to be from Rennes and Hertha Berlin.
Another player set to come in to Lyon is the 18-year-old Uruguayan winger Facundo Pellistri from Penarol.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo