Former Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez will play at Deportivo La Coruna this season subject to a medical.
The 32-year-old, whose contract with the Magpies expired this summer, will join the Primera Division club as a free agent.
SEE MORE: Up-to-the-minute transfer deadline deals.
Depor did not reveal the length of contract and said in a club statement: “Real Club Deportivo and Jonas Gutierrez have reached an agreement for the player, currently a free agent, to join our club.
“The transfer is subject to the player passing a medical.
“The player is currently in Argentina and will travel in the next few days.”
Gutierrez made 187 appearances for Newcastle and had a brief loan spell at Norwich last year.
The Argentinian returns to play in La Liga seven years after leaving Mallorca to join Newcastle.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo