Comcast/NBCUniversal has announced that Peacock is now available on Amazon Fire and Fire tablets. The streaming service is quickly broadening their accessibility, as a partnership with Samsung smart TVs was also announced earlier in June.
“We aim to make Peacock as widely available as possible, so we’re excited to bring the service to millions more people who stream on Fire TV and Fire tablets,” claimed NBCUniversal President Maggie McLean Suniewick. “Amazon customers will find amazing content to stream this summer on Peacock from the Tokyo Olympics to The Boss Baby: Family Business.”
Along with Peacock becoming available on Amazon Fire TV and tablets, the two parent companies also have an agreement for distribution rights to NBCUniversal network apps. NBC, NBC News, NBC Sports, Telemundo, and Bravo are among the apps under NBCUniversal’s umbrella.
“We look forward to building on our existing partnership with Fire TV’s millions of customers and offering them Peacock’s undeniable line-up of original, library and film content,” said Matt Bond, Chairman of Content Distribution at NBCUniversal. “This marks another great step in reaching audiences everywhere with the breadth of NBCUniversal’s full entertainment, film, Hispanic, news and sports portfolio.”
Peacock currently has thousands of hours of television shows, movies, and live sports available to stream. During the 2020/21 Premier League season, 175 matches were aired live on Peacock. As the partnership between the Premier League and NBC Sports enters its final year, it appears as if even more of these matches will be available on Peacock for the 2021/22 campaign. Along with live streaming Premier League matches, Peacock also offers on-demand viewing for those that can’t watch their favorite team live.
The partnership between Peacock and Amazon also allows consumers to use their Alexa to stream Peacock programming. “By pairing Peacock with Fire TV, our joint customers will be able to use Alexa and personalized recommendations to rediscover some of the world’s most-loved sitcoms, watch all-new shows like Girls5Eva, and follow Olympic highlights – all from one service,” said Daniel Rausch, Vice President of Amazon Entertainment Devices and Services.
Peacock launched on Amazon products beginning Thursday, June 24, 2021. The streaming service can be found on Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Amazon Fire smart TVs. Amazon Fire reportedly reaches more than 50 million U.S. households.
Peacock is available for $4.99 per month.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family