If you live in South Florida, there’s only one place to be this weekend to watch your World Cup games and that’s Wowies Sports Grill in Boca Raton, Florida. EPL Talk is hosting all of its official World Cup Viewing Parties at Wowies, a modern sports bar featuring 31 big screen TVs, three full-liquor bars, excellent food and the lovely Wowies Girls. And this weekend is going to be absolutely huge in terms of everything we have planned for you.
Some of the features include three chances to win a FLO TV Personal Television (valued at $199), several chances to win World Cup mural posters and the 2010 FIFA World Cup video game, and a chance for you to win an England home jersey autographed by John Terry,
Plus, on top of all that, we’ll have professional soccer players from Miami FC making an appearance during the USA game Saturday to meet the soccer fans in South Florida.
Here’s the schedule for this weekend’s games including what prizes you can win:
- URUGUAY v SOUTH KOREA (Saturday, 9.30am) – Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup video game for the X360 or PS3 (courtesy of EA Sports). The videogame is in stores now and it enables you to take your favorite nation to World Cup glory. It is available on Wii, PS3, x360 and PSP.
- USA v GHANA (Saturday, 2pm) – Win a FLO TV Personal Television (valued at $199, courtesy of FLO TV) or a USA mural poster (courtesy of ESPN). PLUS, professional soccer players from Miami FC will be making an appearance during the game to sign autographs, meet with soccer fans and have your picture taken with them.
- ENGLAND v GERMANY (Sunday, 9.30am) – Win an England World Cup home jersey autographed by John Terry (courtesy of Umbro), or an England mural poster (courtesy of ESPN), or a Germany mural poster (courtesy of ESPN), or a FLO TV Personal Television (valued at $199, courtesy of FLO TV).
- ARGENTINA v MEXICO (Sunday, 2pm) – Win a FLO TV Personal Television (valued at $199, courtesy of FLO TV) or a Mexico mural poster (courtesy of ESPN)
Before each game, we’ll hand out free raffle tickets. And then, at the end of the game, we’ll call the winning raffle ticket numbers.
Happy hour is every day at Wowies from 12-7pm. Plus, they offer a special lunch-menu for $7.95. On top of all of that, you can get a free Red Stripe or Sierra Nevada beer (courtesy of MLS Talk and Wowies) by printing the flyer from our sister site World Cup Buzz and giving it to your waitress or bartender during World Cup games.
This is the perfect weekend to get out of the house and go watch World Cup games with passionate soccer fans. Nothing beats being with a big crowd of fans cheering for their team and the uncontrolled passion when your country scores a goal.
And Wowies opens at 9:30am for all of the World Cup games between now and the World Cup Final on July 11.
In addition to that, I’ll be at all of the games this weekend and I’ll be interviewing many soccer fans to get your thoughts about the game. The best clips will be published on MLS Talk and other sites in the EPL Talk Network.
I hope to see you there. But if you don’t live in the area, no worries. We’ll be live streaming from many of the games this weekend so you can see where the diehard soccer fans in South Florida are going to watch their World Cup games.
Wowies is located at 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433. More information about Wowies (including directions) can be found at our sister site at http:\/\/www.worldcupbuzz.com/wowies
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo