Sunderland attacking midfielder Adam Johnson has been arrested in England on suspicion of sexual activity with a minor. The girl, not named, is a 15-year-old.
Police searched Johnson’s property today, where they also found a loaded firearm at Johnson’s £1.85 million mansion. However, it’s understood that he has a permit to own the gun.
Johnson is currently being held in custody by police, and is helping the police with their enquiries.
The news is another headache for Sunderland Football Club to deal with now that the Black Cats are fifth from bottom in the Premier League and only 3 points above the relegation drop.
Johnson played for Sunderland in Saturday’s 2-0 defeat against Manchester United at Old Trafford. He played for the first 81 minutes of the match before being replaced by Steven Fletcher
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season