London (AFP) – A flash of brilliance from Mason Bennett revived Derby’s playoff hopes as they came from behind to beat Wigan 2-1 at Pride Park on Tuesday.
The visitors had led through Gavin Massey’s first-half breakaway goal but Bennett’s acrobatic finish turned the game, with Scott Malone providing the winner that ended a run of four defeats for Frank Lampard’s men.
Malone had provided the cross which set up Bennett as the left-back went from villain to hero after his mistake led to Wigan’s goal.
He also cleared a Nick Powell header off the line and Wigan could count themselves unlucky to see their five match unbeaten run come to an end.
However, a much-needed win for the Rams puts them level on points with Bristol City in the sixth and final playoff position.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season