Clint Dempsey is set for a transfer back to the Premier League on loan from the Seattle Sounders. Tottenham Hotspur have first right of refusal, but The Mirror newspaper is reporting that Fulham, Aston Villa and Everton are interested in signing the American striker.
Seattle general manager Adrian Hanauer said:
“Clint’s contract allows him to go on loan for the off-season.
“All parties are working on a deal and we won’t be surprised if it happens.”
However, Dempsey has suffered a right calf strain injury, which has forced him to withdraw from the US national team squad. The injury should not rule him out of a loan deal to England however.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Clint Dempsey set for transfer back to the Premier League on loan from MLS — The Mirror
- Ramires incident sees West Bromwich demand video technology — The Guardian
- Iain Dowie holds talks for Crystal Palace return — The Mail
- Manchester United fans seek shares deal to fund safe standing — The Independent
- Alex Song rules out re-joining Arsenal in the January transfer window — Metro
- Swansea’s Michu using anti-gravity gizmo to try to return from injury quicker — The Mirror
- Only when Manchester United fail will fans reveal respect for the club — The Guardian
- Chelsea ‘shelve plans to offer John Terry new contract at club’ — Metro
- Roy Keane responds to Alex Ferguson’s ‘lies’ and insists: I’m no animal — The Guardian
- Orlando City SC confirms they will be next MLS franchise — Pro Soccer Talk
- Seattle Sounders shopping Eddie Johnson — Sports Illustrated
- Injuries force Clint Dempsey and Fabian Johnson off U.S. roster — US Soccer
- Uruguay have one foot in Brazil after thrashing Jordan in World Cup playoff — Off The Post
- Fifa urged to help French footballer being ‘prevented from leaving Qatar’ — The Guardian
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo