London (AFP) – West Bromwich Albion signed former England midfielder Gareth Barry from Everton for an undisclosed fee on Tuesday.
Barry has agreed a one-year contract with the Baggies after being told he could leave Goodison Park following Everton’s summer spending spree.
The 36-year-old missed Everton’s opening Premier League match against Stoke on Saturday because of an ankle problem, but he hopes to be back in action with his new club soon.
“I want to come and help the team. That’s always been the same for me wherever I have played,” Barry told Albion’s website.
“I want to help the team improve, work hard and hopefully add quality.”
Albion started their season with a 1-0 win over Bournemouth and travel to Burnley on Saturday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo