West Ham have signed Argentinian midfielder Manuel Lanzini on a season-long loan from United Arab Emirates club Al Jazira.
Lanzini is the Hammers' seventh signing of the summer and the club hold an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.
The 22-year-old, who is nicknamed 'The Jewel', has played four times for Argentina Under-20s and came through the same River Plate youth system that produced the likes of Ariel Ortega and Javier Mascherano.
"This is very emotional because it is one of the best teams I have ever signed for," Lanzini told West Ham TV.
"This is a new challenge for me and that can only help in the future. It will test my ability in one of the best leagues in the world, so I am looking forward to getting started.
"I am someone who always gives 100 per cent. I'm an attacking player, I can change the game's tempo and I hope to give my maximum for the fans to appreciate me."
Lanzini became the youngest foreign player to play in the UAE Arabian Gulf League, making his first appearance aged 21, and he helped Al Jazira finish runners-up last season with eight goals in 24 league games.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo