London (AFP) – Tottenham announced the signing on Friday of midfielder Yves Bissouma from Brighton for a reported fee of £25 million ($30 million), giving manager Antonio his third signing of the transfer window.
The highly rated Mali international shone as Brighton achieved their best-ever Premier League finish of ninth last season.
Bissouma has signed a four-year deal and will join new arrivals Ivan Perisic and Fraser Forster at the London club.
“The transfer is a very good one for the club and player,” said Brighton manager Graham Potter.
“Yves has shown his undoubted ability and been an important player for us during his time with us.
“Now he has a new challenge with Tottenham, including the opportunity to play Champions League football, and everyone at the club wishes him well.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season