Lyon (AFP) – Brazilian winger Tete scored the winning goal in Lyon’s 3-2 victory over Angers two minutes after coming on for his debut Sunday following his arrival from Shakhtar Donetsk this week.
The 22-year-old has signed for Lyon for the rest of the season after FIFA said Ukraine-based players could temporarily suspend their contracts and move clubs following the invasion by Russia.
“I’m very happy to have been able to help the team and especially to score the winner,” said Tete, who joined Shakhtar from Gremio in February 2019.
“I’ve really been made to feel welcome and I’m sure that allowed me to help the team right away. I was given a lot of confidence and I was able to return it thanks to this goal.”
Tete scored nine times in 17 Ukrainian league games this term and appeared for Shakhtar in the Champions League group stage.
He had not played since December but was keeping fit with a personal trainer in Poland, striking with just his third touch in a Lyon shirt after replacing Tanguy Ndombele.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season