While Setanta has been making plenty of waves recently after acquiring two of the rights packages to show Premiership matches in the UK starting in the 2007/2008 season, now it’s turn for the US branch of Setanta Sports to make headlines.
EPL Talk reader Rob Halton forwarded the following news from SoccerTV.com: When the 2006/2007 English Premier League begins August 19th, Setanta Sports will be showing selected EPL matches. The Irish broadcaster has sublicensed the Premiership matches that would have typically been shown as pay-per-view matches from Fox Soccer Channel. Setanta Sports USA is available via DirecTV for a monthly subscription fee of $11.99/month.
For Setanta, this is a perfect way to get new subscribers and to introduce the soccer network to new viewers in North America.
One advantage of watching matches on Setanta is that they typically broadcast the direct feed from Sky, thereby allowing viewers to see Sky’s half-time analysis.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season