Milan (AFP) – Roma moved level on points with champions Juventus in third place in Serie A on Thursday with a 3-1 win over 10-man Torino.
Torino had a mountain to climb after Wilfried Singo was sent off after 14 minutes in Rome following two yellow cards in seven minutes.
Roma followed on from their 5-1 win over Bologna last weekend and are level on 24 points with Juventus — four points adrift of leaders AC Milan.
After Singo’s dismissal the hosts piled on the pressure and it paid off with Henrikh Mkhitaryan opening the scoring after 27 minutes in the Stadio Olimpico.
Torino goalkeeper Vanja Milinkovic-Savic had pushed out a Gianluca Mancini long-range effort, but Leonardo Spinazzola sent the ball back with Mkhitaryan’s follow-up hitting the post and bouncing into the net.
Jordan Veretout converted a penalty before the break after a foul on Edin Dzeko.
Simone Edera rattled the woodwork for Torino after an hour but the visitors hopes diminished when Lorenzo Pellegrini added a third after 68 minutes.
Torino captain Andrea Belotti pulled a goal back after 73 minutes with substitute Federico Bonazzoli sending the ball wide minutes later.
Marco Gianpaolo’s Torino fell to their eighth defeat this season, as they sit second bottom of the table with 30 goals conceded in 12 games.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season