Norwich made their fourth signing of the January transfer window as the Premier League club swooped for Wolfsburg defender Timm Klose on Monday. Switzerland center back Klose agreed a three-and-half-year contract with the Canaries, subject to governing body approval, for an undisclosed fee. Matt Jarvis, Ivo Pinto and Ben Godfrey have already moved to Carrow Road this month as manager Alex Neil continues to bolster his squad for the fight against relegation.
SEE MORE: Latest January transfer window deals and news.
Neil, who is also reportedly on the verge of signing Everton forward Steven Naismith, said Klose’s Champions League experience was a significant factor in his decision to sign him.
“Timm has got plenty of experience having played in the Bundesliga, in the Champions League and for his country, which will be an asset to us,” Neil told Norwich’s website.
“As a player, he’s got good technical ability and he’s solid in the air. He can also play at either right center back or left center back.”
The 27-year-old defender, who played against Manchester United in the Champions League this season, added: “It was always a dream to play in the Premier League and Norwich have given me a big chance.
“Now I want to give everything I can to be a good player in this league.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season