London (AFP) – Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has been given a three-match ban after admitting a Football Association charge of violent conduct.
Mitrovic appeared to catch West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini with an elbow during Newcastle’s 3-0 win on Saturday in an incident that was not seen by referee Neil Swarbrick or his assistants.
The FA’s disciplinary committee reviewed the clash on video and Mitrovic was hit with the charge.
The Serbia international will miss Newcastle’s Premier League games with Swansea, Stoke and Brighton and will be eligible to return for the home clash with Liverpool on October 1.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo