Doha (AFP) – Junior Negrao struck from the penalty spot in the 119th minute as South Korea’s Ulsan Hyundai Motors reached the final of the Asian Champions League with an action-packed 2-1 win over Japan’s Vissel Kobe on Sunday.
Hotaru Yamaguchi’s 52nd minute goal for Vissel Kobe was cancelled out by Yoon–Bit-garam’s 81st minute strike before the match went into extra-time at the Al Sadd Sports Club.
But after more frantic action during which both teams were unlucky to miss chances, Negrao won a penalty for Ulsan when he was fouled by Vissel Kobe goalkeeper Daiya Maekawa one minute from time.
The Brazilian stepped up to score with a grounder to Maekawa’s right as Vissel Kobe’s injured captain Andres Iniesta watched dejectedly from the stands.
Ulsan Hyundai, who won the title in 2012 for the first time, will now clash with Iranian giants Persepolis on December 19 in the final.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season