Paris (AFP) – Heavy snowfall in central France has caused the postponement of the Ligue 1 match between Saint Etienne and Marseille, which had been scheduled for Saturday at 2100 local time.
Weather reports said up to 25cm of snow had fallen overnight and the French League agreed with a request from Saint Etienne to put the match back to Sunday, although a time as yet to be fixed.
Second-placed Marseille have made the trip north hoping to edge closer to table-toppers Paris Saint-Germain, who have a 12-point cushion, while ‘Les Verts’ (The Greens) are third from bottom of the league and battling relegation.
The match pitches together the nation’s traditionally best supported sides, who dominated French football in the 60’s and 70’s and which is generally a good spirited affair.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season