Milan (AFP) – Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado has undergone successful surgery on his left knee, Serie A champions Juventus confirmed on Friday.
The 30-year-old picked up the injury during Juventus’s 2-1 Champions League defeat to Young Boys in Switzerland two weeks ago.
The club said Cuadrado “underwent an arthroscopic treatment .. which was perfectly successful” following meniscus and cartilage damage.
“The player will begin the recovery process in the next few days,” Juventus added without giving details for how long he will be sidelined.
Italian press have estimated that the player could be out for up to three months which would rule him out of the Champions League last 16 fixtures against Atletico Madrid in February.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo