Paris (AFP) – Lille coach Christophe Galtier has signed a new contract keeping him at the Ligue 1 side until 2021, the club announced on Monday.
Galtier was appointed midway through last season to succeed the sacked Marcelo Bielsa and the Frenchman’s success reviving their fortunes since has meant Lille were determined to extend a deal that was set to expire at the end of this campaign.
The 52-year-old Galtier, who played for Lille in the late 1980s, previously enjoyed a successful eight-year spell in charge of Saint-Etienne.
After narrowly avoiding relegation last season, Lille are currently second in Ligue 1 and in contention for a return to the Champions League — they last appeared in the group stage in 2012-13.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season