After weeks of speculation, Barcelona made it official today and in a press release stated that Irish rock band U2 will begin their latest tour at the Nou Camp. What better opportunity to spread the brand name of FC Barcelona than by having it alongside one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Well club brass are getting ready for the opportnity as the Irish superband get ready to go on tour this summer.
U2´s 360 Tour will kick off at the Nou Camp on June 30th and it is already a sell out. The club is expecting well over a million euros to go into the team coiffeurs. There is also the option of a second date in the Condal City. The possibility of of marketing the brand name of the team with U2 will be an ideal situation for the club. This was a great opportunity as this tour along with the Bruce Springsteen concert will leave close to 3 million euros for the Blaugrana by the end of this summer. It is a quantity that is quite welcome especially with the economic situation the club is going through right now.
U2 last came to Barcelona as part of the Vertigo tour back in 2005. The only difference is that this time they will not make stops in Madrid and San Sebastian.
By the way, if you are interested in heading to Barcelona to see U2, you can get more info here
Get Your U2 360 Tour widget.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $10.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $14.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo