Staring in the face of two consecutive relegations, supporters of Wolverhampton Wanderers took to the pitch today after their team lost 2-1 at Molineux.
An angry mob of Wolves supporters invaded the pitch, kicked and pushed stewards and kicked down an advertising board. They gesticulated at the Wolves board, and displayed their anger at the team’s dire position. They’re second from bottom, and have one match left next weekend against Brighton. Even a win against Gus Poyet’s side may not be enough to keep them up in the nPower Championship.
Most of the troublemakers were young adults and kids. But still, it’s a sad state of affairs. Twelve months ago, Wolves were in the Premier League, expanding their ground and were debt free. After sacking manager Mick McCarthy, the club has been in a free-fall.
With Birmingham City in the Championship, and West Bromwich Albion safe in the Premier League, the attention now turns to fellow Midlands club Aston Villa who are trying to stay up in the Premier League this season. It could end up that the Baggies will be the only West Midlands side in the Premier League beginning next season.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo