Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

How to watch Premier League on Peacock TV

How to watch Premier League on Peacock

With the 2020/21 Premier League season already underway, the excitement levels have risen once again for several reasons including new transfer signings, newly promoted teams, the likely return of fans in stadiums next month as well as top quality football that we’ve been craving since the season ended on July 26. But it also brings changes with a new streaming service for soccer fans in the United States. The big question is, how to watch Premier League on Peacock TV.

The bottom line for this season is that after making its debut at the tail end of last season, Peacock is back for its first full season of Premier League coverage. One hundred and seventy five games in all, exclusively streaming. Premier League Pass from NBC Sports Gold is no more.

So while Amazon is purposely delaying the availability of Peacock on their devices, fans of Premier League clubs again have to pivot to make sure they can watch the top-flight league. For those that may remember, soccer fans had to scramble in 2013 when many TV providers didn’t make Premier League Extra Time available at first, which were the overflow channels that aired Premier League matches. It took several weeks of fans campaigning (including writing letters and making phone calls) to AT&T, Comcast, DISH, TimeWarner and Verizon, among others, before the media giants made the channels available to consumers.

Fans of Premier League clubs in the United States have had to overcome technical obstacles in the past. And we’ll continue to do it in the present and the future. If something is worth fighting for, we will do it.

Amazon Fire TV issues aside, there are several ways to watch your favorite club this season.

How to watch Premier League on Peacock

1) If you’re a Comcast Xfinity or COX customer, you already get Peacock Premium for free. You can watch it via your cable box. If you’re a Comcast Xfinity Internet customer only, like me, you still get Peacock Premium for free. You can either watch online via the website PeacockTV.com after signing up for free, or you can request a free Flex streaming device. If you are a Cox Internet customer with Contour TV Essential or higher, Peacock Premium is currently included in your plan.

2) Even if you’re not a Comcast Xfinity customer, you can still get Peacock for free. The base tier of Peacock is free to everyone who signs up, which includes the Premier League TV channel. Peacock Premium, which is the tier that exclusively streams 175 games per season, is $4.99/month (or free for Comcast Xfinity customers).

3) Cast games directly to your TV set. Chromecast has emerged as one of the most affordable and easiest ways to watch online content on your big TV. At $30, all you have to do is plug it into your HDMI port of your TV. And then you can ‘cast’ any program from your laptop, desktop or phone to your big TV. Setup just takes a couple of minutes.

4) Choose from the long list of devices that Peacock is compatible with. As of press time, Peacock is widely available across Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD; Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices; Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X; and VIZIO SmartCast TVs and LG Smart TVs; as well as Sony PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro.

While Peacock is live on all of the devices listed above, remember that at a bare minimum, just by firing up your Internet browser, you can head over to PeacockTV.com and watch games for free with a 7-day free trial. After the trial ends, Peacock Premium is $4.99/month and offers a ton of programming including the 24/7 Premier League TV channel, original shows, live TV channels and over 10,000 hours of movies and shows from NBC Universal.

5) Watching Peacock on Amazon Fire TV is possible. If you’re adamant about watching Peacock on your Amazon Fire TV, there are workarounds. For the Amazon Fire TV, you can sideload the Android TV version of the app instead.

6) Consider ditching Amazon Fire TV. If you’re as much of a soccer diehard as we are, you may want to consider getting an Apple TV streaming box. The feedback from World Soccer Talk readers is that Apple TV has been the most feature-rich of the streaming devices, making it a more seamless way to watch games and other programming. Plus, it includes the Peacock app.

7) You can always subscribe to Xfinity. As a last resort for many cord cutters, two advantages of becoming an Xfinity subscriber are 1) you get the advantage of Peacock Premium for free, and 2) you can have your Internet service bundled with it.

Don’t forget to check out our other resources for additional advice and help including more details about the Premier League TV channel on Peacock, our comprehensive Peacock FAQ, the most up-to-date Premier League TV and streaming schedule as well as a complimentary copy of our brand-new eBook, The Ultimate Soccer TV and Streaming Guide and more details about the Soccer Mega Pack which includes Peacock and more for less than $25 per month.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
37 Comments

37 Comments

1. Keith

October 2, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Premier league just sucks if you are on the west coast.
    Chelsea game is on at 4:00 am tomorrow morning. When it was on a non internet channel (nbc, nbcsn) I could record the early games and watch them when I got up. Now I need to get up at 4:00 to watch my team play?
    That sucks.

• Nosferatu

October 3, 2020 at 1:27 am

From what I’ve seen, the Peacock replays (of Peacock games, not NBC/NBCSN ones) have been put up pretty quickly after they end, so if you can avoid spoilers, you could probably get up at a normal time and have the game waiting for you.

2. Sue Gardner

September 21, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Peacock is worst decision ever made by NBC – sick of dealing with big corporations who don’t give two hoots to the subscribers who, incidentally, pay their wages. Just when we were getting great coverage of the English Premiere League – it has vastly improved over the last 5 years but now it is back where it was! Seems nothing ever improves these days – things just get worse.

3. Dad

September 20, 2020 at 10:18 am

I was born to play and watch soccer. Unfortunately the sport was ignored for so many years in this country and now the networks want to held me hostage by charging a subscription fee every month for one league coverage. I refuse to pay to listen pre recorded singing and boos. NBC is the worst and the other distributors made life miserable to Bein Sports that it was a good value for a variety of sports so they can charge their own fees. Instead, I read your newsletter to know what’s going on in the soccer world. Thanks !

4. chick chickering

September 20, 2020 at 8:26 am

I cant even get it at all. Supposed to get 1st week of PP for free w/ Xfinity, but Xfinity sends me a request to validate my email (sends the request to my email already) but doesn’t tell me how to validate.
    I’m going to cancel my trial subscription and continue to follow Prem. League on NBCSN.

=–Chick

5. Marsel

September 20, 2020 at 7:17 am

I have peacock premium and still not able to watch live football. Any thoughts ?

• Christopher Harris

September 20, 2020 at 9:24 am

Peacock TV have customer service available via live chat. You may want to ask them for help at:

6. Richard Thomson

September 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm

So now I have to pay $5 extra to watch the matches that I used to be able to watch on NBCSN. I was pretty neutral about NBC up to this point, but now I’m starting to hate them for playing such a dirty trick.

7. Ivan

September 19, 2020 at 9:54 am

A Big Black Peacock for NBC!

The little ad for Peacock on FB has literally hundreds of nasty angry messages

Newton’s law of physics, the action of greed shall illicit equal or stronger reaction ofiddle finger.

Find other means folks! Do not pay them!

I was speaking with one of my college roommates who moved back to Solna/Sverige. 6 of them are using the same password for whatever greedy carrier is hiding games behind an online paywall. We had a good laugh.

Greedy corporations are cancer. Resist!

8. Greg brown

September 19, 2020 at 8:50 am

This doesn’t make sense msnbc will loose a lot of veiwers peacock is a joke a big JOKE i for one not gonna watch no game on my phone no wayyyyyy

9. EPL fan

September 18, 2020 at 11:25 am

Wish we could at least get the replays on NBCSN, but no. Poker games and auto auctions are more important!😡

10. Robert Martin

September 18, 2020 at 10:06 am

You used to get the 7:30 AM/a 10 AM game (sometimes two)/the 12:30 game and the rare later afternoon game on Saturdays, both Sunday games and the Monday game when scheduled all on NBCSN/NBC. Now you will be lucky to get two games the entire weekend. Ridiculous. I enjoy the premier league and am a big Bayern fan, but I’m not dishing out $ to Peacock and/or ESPN+. At least my wife will be happy that all these games aren’t on regular TV anymore.

11. Guillermo

September 18, 2020 at 9:52 am

Watching soccer is going backwards, I am lucky I have comcast but I wouldn’t pay for Peacock, if Bein has the world cup qualifiers I will have to pay for that. If you want other leagues pay for Espn also. Ridicolous. I hope ratings on peacock tank and they put it back on NBC.

12. Ed Poon

September 18, 2020 at 9:13 am

The 9pm delay for on demand is absolutely ridiculous. I don’t care that it’s supposedly a PL rights issue. Everything is negotiable. And you’re telling me Peacock cant create a DVR feature like YouTube TV and others? I used to watch matches on delay, fast forward to catch up, pause and go run errands and then resume at same spot later on, watch a different match in the evening (but not have to wait until 9!). None of this is possible now. Even if I am going to pay their stupid $5/mth, I will end up watching less of their product!

13. Tomas

September 17, 2020 at 11:52 pm

Don’t buy Peacock, as it will only encourage NBC to move big name games to their pay app.

14. El jefe

September 17, 2020 at 7:38 pm

Yeah, I’m not paying for peacock. Two premier league games on NBCSN for the entire weekend?? Insane. I have no interest in the other content peacock has to offer as I absolutely despise Hollywood and their underwhelming art form. Looks like Serie A is going to get all of my attention this season.

15. Christopher Ernest WATSON

September 17, 2020 at 4:57 pm

I signed up for their top tier membership to ensure I get to watch all the games of Leeds United. The picture quality so far has been fine. Having said that I do think that NBC are to a degree killing the goose that lays the golden egg. This coming weekend virtually all the PL matches are on Peacock which means we have lost the flexibility of recording the matches if we wan or need to. NBC are also streaming far more of the “top” clubs matches than they did last season obviously to pressure fans to subscribe. Of course, NBC is a business which needs to make money and this is part of the business plan and if there was a way to record and save or, as Mercator has strongly pointed out, at least run replays way earlier than 9pm it would be mostly acceptable . In my view, NBC have made a mistake here in treating live sport like normal tv programmes. This is apples to oranges and as one can see from the anger from some of the comments one that might blow up in their face.

Along with this it appears that ESPN’s coverage of German football will be almost totally on their streaming service. If it is so they will lose me as a viewer and I suspect many other fans of the Bundesliga. With the KO times of the matches from Germany, Italy and England clashing as they do, and with the bulk of these games being streamed we, the fans of European football in the US, will have to chose one match only to watch at each time slot. As the PL is easily the most popular league the other two will suffer most and one wonders why they agreed to such a deal. I was never a fan of Fox TV’s coverage but at least all the games were on TV. I wonder also how many Champions League ties will be only on the CBS streaming service?

• Nosferatu

September 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm

The good thing is that replays of games that were broadcast only on Peacock should be up soon after they end, well before 9 p.m.

That being said, it’s still irritating to not be able to pause live games or watch them from the start if joining after the game has already begun. This feels like some seriously outdated technology, though of course it only is really rearing its head because we can’t watch these games on TV where with DVRs we’d be able to do all those things.

16. James Austin Hendrix

September 17, 2020 at 11:09 am

I already pay for NBCSN via cable. I am offended that NBC sports has chosen to rip me off by NOT showing Premier League matches which should be on NBCSN or NBC. I will not pay even $6 for this nonsense. And as to Peacock’s other riveting content . . . I don’t have the words to explain how completely uninterested I am in their movies, tv shows, or other crap. If the Premier League is content to allow this level of theft, then I will be content to read a book or take a walk.

17. Jack

September 17, 2020 at 10:40 am

Our picture quality is good (Sony Smart TV) and we were willing to pay the monthly fee (our club were promoted so we no longer have to pay for the club championship package too watch) but losing out on the on-demand coverage is frustrating and disappointing. And, not having the promised programming is upsetting: the channel went dark instead of airing Sky Soccer Saturday 10-12 last Sat as posted. We’ve just received word that a friend of a friend is on the Fanzone show today at 11:15 on the Peacock channel…but only available to watch live, not on replay. We’ll miss out, as will many of our friends and fellow supporters. Really hope that NBC will get this remedied, for our viewing ease and for the boost it would bring to their viewings.

18. Mercator

September 17, 2020 at 10:37 am

Peacock is AWFUL. Seriously how can NBC be this bad. I don’t understand how a massive international conglomerate cannot do a simple thing like stream a football game. My stream for Spurs/Everton was buffering and going out every 5 minutes, and its not even 60FPS and you can tell. I have GB internet, other streams are fine, entirely a peacock issue. Why force these games on your terrible broken app? I get Peacock free as an Xfinity customer and I’ll still watch a pirate stream from Malaysia for the convenience and quality. Really boggles the mind that some Malaysian guy with a few computers can put out a better product than one of the biggest companies in the world. The Premier League TV channel, for example. Why no guide, its useless without tell us on the guide what is playing. Again, the Malaysian guy somehow has a guide for PLTV channel he streams, it tells you the show thats actually playing on the channel! Why are replays not available until 9PM? This is a joke, again Mr. Malaysia lets you stream the game from the beginning whenever you want, even halfway through the live match. I don’t understand how it can take 12 hours to upload a football clip. It’s so bad that CBS and NBC literally have uploaded clips and replays on youtube before they show up on Peacock or CBS all access.

I’m honestly done with this nonsense, went back to paying pirate streamers for a better product. They are so bad it can’t simply be incompetence, I can tell you right now copy ESPN+, it’s not complicated.. Hopefully NBC will tank in the ratings and ESPN can scoop up the rights on the cheap. I clown ESPN regularly and ESPN+ is not perfect, but it works and it’s always infinitely easier and cheaper to watch a game once ESPN has the rights, rather than fighting with BR or one of the 8 NBC apps.

19. Edward

September 17, 2020 at 10:21 am

Given the amount of sports rights NBC Sports has, Peacock can rival ESPN+. The extra streams for the US Golf Open is great – combining all the different Sports Gold subs into Peacock is…golden

20. Tony

September 17, 2020 at 10:07 am

The main problem for people that work is the inability to record the games and having to wait until 9pm eastern to watch the replays. Why can’t it be bone like espn+ who show the replays soon after the game is finished ??????

• Christopher Harris

September 17, 2020 at 10:34 am

From what I understand, the delaying of the replays until 9PM ET is due to restrictions enforced by the Premier League and has nothing to do with Peacock or NBC Sports.

• melanie Pefinis

September 17, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Chris HELP!!! I have fubo and a roku AND I am an xfinity computer/internet customer . Your article said Peacock would be available to Xfinity internet customers for free but when I try to watch, it says I need to buy Premium. I am dying to watch matches and Men in Blazers

21. Ivan

September 17, 2020 at 10:03 am

Find other means to watch the games that you care to watch, folks.

Greed shall be met with a middle finger.

It may take a couple of years, but all this “behind an online paywall” thing will fade away. We all saw the epic failure of B/R & TNT putting the CL/EL behind an online paywall and ran away from it. I wonder how much money they lost as a result. More to come where that came from.

22. Blue Suede Shoes

September 17, 2020 at 8:44 am

One of the numerous strikes against Peacock is their inability to agree a deal with Samsung. If you have a Samsung Smart TV (Samsung have a very large percentage of the TV ownership market) and you are expecting to stream Peacock through your TV, you are totally SOL. It doesn’t work. Also not being able to get it directly via ROKU is a negative …. the workaround is a pain and not acceptable. I know a couple of friends who own Samsungs and have cancelled their Peacock subscriptions after a few days when they found out about the incompatibility. Peacock and the media should make this issue more widely known.

23. LF

September 17, 2020 at 8:29 am

This reeks of a form of American protectionism to me. The Premier League as far as I know generally has solid if not spectacular ratings in the US. It dwarfs MLS ratings. Yet the response is to have viewers pay more money to watch the games they care about…to put it on a streaming service! This same thing has happened with Champions League and FA Cup coverage. The net effect….interest in soccer is throttled in the US. Networks at this point wouldn’t dare try to pull this stunt with College Football, or College Basketball, or playoff games in the NFL, NBA or NHL.

• Jesus

September 17, 2020 at 10:05 am

You got this right.

24. Karlos

September 16, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Whats the point of NBCSN anymore? Looks like mostly lower interest games. If they make me buy the Peacock to get Man U and Liverpool will dump NBCSN!

• Carlos

September 16, 2020 at 11:31 pm

MU TV is your friend…..lol

25. Brendan

September 16, 2020 at 8:42 pm

Peacock is appalling . The Premier Tv Channel is a joke .no schedule to tell you what is on at the time so no Tv Guide .i tuned in to watch it and had no idea what I was watching figured out it was the Review show of the first week end of the season it would have nice to have watched it from the start .I was watching the replay of the last game on Saturday West Ham v Newcastle on Peacock and was waiting to watch Goal Zone and the analysis that comes with it when the It came on your coverage has concluded ..What a disappointment it was .They just like CBS all access never show the whole thing .i don’t pay for Peacock as I am a XFinity customer .i certainly would not buy It as it is not exclusive as they advertise it .Another black eye for these Broadcasters that simply don’t understand the football fan

26. Sam Jay

September 16, 2020 at 7:54 pm

No 60fps, no subscription for me. Watching Spurs vs Toffees was a pain. Spoilers all over (unlike ESPN+ which you can turn-off scores). CBS is doing the same with their UCL coverage . Why can’t they just learn form ESPN+? Sure 60fps needs twice the bandwidth, but hey, they are not giving these services for free.

• Carlos

September 16, 2020 at 8:42 pm

I agree, they do not want to spend the money for the 60 FPS and considering ESPN Plus looks so good, they have no excuse really. I have it free, just haven’t ordered the Flex….yet. Still hoping Roku get’s a go. Happy with Plus for Bundesliga and Serie A this weekend.

27. John Ketcham

September 16, 2020 at 7:30 pm

I watched all the Peacock exclusive games on replay and the interface on my iPad was every bit as good as ESPN+. It’s worth every penny