The organizers of the 2015 International Champions Cup North America have announced the cities and schedule for this summer’s matches that will feature many of the most famous soccer teams in the world including Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea, Club America and Paris Saint-Germain as well as Porto, Fiorentina, New York Red Bulls, LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes.
The cities that will stage the tournament are Charlotte (NC), Chicago (IL), Hartford (CT), Harrison (NJ), San Jose (CA), Seattle (WA), Toronto (Canada), Los Angeles (CA), Mexico City (Mexico), Washington DC, Santa Clara (CA) and Carson (CA).
The schedule is as follows:
· Saturday, July 11
o Club América vs. Los Angeles Galaxy – StubHub Center; Carson, California. 11:30 p.m. EST
· Tuesday, July 14
o Club América vs. San Jose Earthquakes – Avaya Stadium; San Jose, California. 10:30 p.m. EST
· Friday, July 17
o Club América vs. Manchester United F.C. – CenturyLink Field; Seattle, Washington. 11 p.m. EST
· Saturday, July 18
o FC Porto vs. Paris Saint-Germain F.C. – BMO Field; Toronto, Canada. 8:30 p.m. EST
· Tuesday, July 21
o Los Angeles Galaxy vs. FC Barcelona – Rose Bowl; Los Angeles, California. 11 p.m. EST
o Paris Saint-Germain F.C. vs. ACF Fiorentina – Red Bull Arena; Harrison, New Jersey. 8:30 p.m. EST
o Manchester United F.C. vs. San Jose Earthquakes – To Be Announced.
· Wednesday, July 22
o Chelsea F.C. vs. New York Red Bulls – Red Bull Arena; Harrison, New Jersey. 8 p.m. EST
· Friday, July 24
o ACF Fiorentina vs. FC Porto – Rentschler Field; Hartford, Connecticut. 8 p.m. EST
· Saturday July 25
o Manchester United F.C. vs. F.C. Barcelona – Levi’s Stadium; Santa Clara, California. 4 p.m. EST
o Paris Saint-Germain F.C. vs. Chelsea F.C. – Bank of America Stadium; Charlotte, North Carolina. 6 p.m. EST
· Sunday, July 26
o FC Porto vs. New York Red Bulls – Red Bull Arena; Harrison, New Jersey. 7:30 p.m. EST
· Tuesday, July 28
o FC Barcelona vs. Chelsea F.C. – FedEx Field; Washington D.C. 8 p.m. EST
o Club América vs. FC Porto – Estadio Azteca; Mexico City, Mexico. 10 p.m. EST
· Wednesday, July 29
o Manchester United F.C. vs. Paris Saint-Germain F.C. – Solider Field; Chicago, Illinois. 9 p.m. EST
· Sunday, August 2
o ACF Fiorentina vs. FC Barcelona – Stadio Artemio Franchi; Florence, Italy. TBD
· Wednesday, August 5
o Chelsea F.C. vs. ACF Fiorentina – Stamford Bridge; London, England. 3 p.m. EST
Ticket details can be found on the International Champions Cup website. Exclusive presale tickets for most matchups will be available beginning Monday, May 4 at 10AM ET while general public will have access to tickets Thursday, May 7 at 10AM ET.
Each team will play four contests and the club with the most points at the end of the tournament will be crowned champion. Each win in regulation will result in three points and a tie will go straight to a shootout; the winning team in a shootout will receive two points and the losing team will receive one. The results from in-season Major League Soccer contests involving tournament participants will be used as part of official tournament scoring.
The ICC will be played across two continents, as games will be held at Stamford Bridge in London, Stadio Artemio Franchi in Florence and multiple iconic venues throughout North America.
“These matchups speak to the immense success and quality of the International Champions Cup,” said Charlie Stillitano, Chairman of Relevent Sports. “Not only are three of the quarter-finalists for the Champions League participating, but the Chelsea vs. Paris Saint-Germain finish in the round of 16 was spectacular. Showcasing this rematch, along with the multitude of other high quality and competitive contests, is truly exciting and shows these games are more than just friendlies.”
This year’s tournament will be broadcast live on FOX, FOX Sports 1 or FOX Sports 2 and run from July 11 – August 5.
The 2014 International Champions Cup was a huge success in the United States with the average attendance up by 20% and more than 640,000 people attending including a record US soccer crowd of 109,318 for Manchester United against Real Madrid in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The event organizers will also feature a International Champions Cup Australia tournament this summer that will feature Real Madrid, AS Roma and Manchester City, among other teams. An International Champions Cup in China is also scheduled for later this summer with Inter Milan, AC Milan and Real Madrid.
World Soccer Talk readers, which games are you planning on attending? Let us know in the comments section.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Mbappe’s decision to stay at PSG good for French football: Deschamps
- Tens of thousands of Liverpool fans turn Paris red
- Abramovich says owning Chelsea ‘honour of lifetime’ as sale set for completion
- Western United upset Melbourne City to win A-League final
- Liverpool and Real Madrid ready for mouth-watering Champions League final
- Chelsea sale to Boehly consortium to be completed on Monday
- Liverpool and Real Madrid ready for Champions League final rematch
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Real Madrid on US TV
- Hrustic, Rogic spearhead Australia squad for crunch World Cup playoff
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend