Berlin (AFP) – Borussia Moenchengladbach head coach Dieter Hecking will step down at the end of this season, the club announced on Tuesday.
“We will not extend our cooperation with Dieter Hecking beyond the summer and we will go into the new season with a new head coach,” the club said in a tweet.
Hecking, 54, has been in charge of Gladbach since December 2016, and led them to ninth-place finishes in each of his first two seasons.
After some brilliant early-season performances, Gladbach had spent much of the current campaign in the top three, but a recent run of bad form has seen them drop to fifth.
They have won just one of their last seven games, and suffered a humiliating 3-1 defeat to local rivals Fortuna Duesseldorf last weekend.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season