Madrid (AFP) – Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke has extended his contract by five years in a deal that will keep him in the Spanish capital until 2024, the La Liga club announced Tuesday.
The 25-year-old, capped 32 times by Spain, has spent his whole career at Atletico after coming through their youth system.
“Atleti is the club of my life and it’s an honour to be part of its future,” said Koke.
Sporting director Jose Luis Perez Caminero added: “It’s fantastic news for all the Atleticos. Koke personifies what it is to be an Atletico.
“He is a very supportive player with the group, who works tirelessly, has the highest quality and an enormous desire for self-improvement. He is one of this team’s leaders and has grown up since very young with the values of our Academy, so knowing that he will continue with us for many more years is the best of news.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season