Battling midfielder Hanno Balitsch has completed his move to Bayer Leverkusen from Hannover 96 on a free transfer. Balitsch will fit wonderfully into Jupp Henckyes side, and will cover the space usually occupied by Simon Rolfes, who is rather injury-prone.
Rolfes will not feature in this summer’s World Cup because of injury problems, and so the signing of Balitsch by Henckyes will just provide depth for whenever Rolfes is forced to sit out.
Hanno Balitsch previously played for Leverkusen between 2002 and 2004, where he went on to make 64 league appearances for the first team.
Rudi Voeller praised the signing of Balitsch as he said,
“Hanno Balitsch is a very energetic player and is a very strong battler in midfield. He will really add something to the team. Hanno will be a very important player for us next season, both in the domestic league and in international competition.”
Leverkusen finished the season in the Bundesliga in an impressive 4th place.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season