Berlin (AFP) – With their star striker Erling Braut Haaland sidelined by injury, Borussia Dortmund dropped more Bundesliga points on Saturday when they laboured to a 1-1 draw at Eintracht Frankfurt.
The draw leaves Dortmund third in the league, three points behind leaders Bayern Munich who host second-placed RB Leipzig later Saturday night.
After suffering a shock 2-1 home defeat last weekend against struggling Cologne, Dortmund missed the finishing of top scorer Haaland, who is out until January.
Dortmund’s defence was caught napping when they conceded an early goal by Frankfurt’s Japan midfielder Daichi Kamada.
The introduction of 16-year-old striker Youssoufa Moukoko after the half-time saw Dortmund raise their tempo.
They equalised with a superb strike from 18-year-old US forward Giovanni Reyna, but failed to again breach the Frankfurt defence despite finishing the stronger.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season