Atlanta United has surpassed Seattle Sounders for the best average attendance in MLS this season.
The 2017 debutant is averaging 49,077 fans per game at the Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta. Meanwhile, Seattle Sounders is averaging 43,004 per game in 2017, which is a 8% increase from last season.
Altogether, MLS reported pretty good numbers across the league for attendances this past weekend. Having said that, Minnesota United is underperforming for a new expansion team since its inaugural match (the team is averaging 21,967 at home). Meanwhile, FC Dallas must not have made a lot on game day food and merchandise sales with the wide swaths of empty seats at Toyota Park.
After the first 90 matches, the average attendance is down 0.48% compared to 2016.
Here are the reported attendances for MLS gameweek 9:
|NY Red Bull||22,814|
Here is the 2017 MLS attendance report through gameweek 9:
|MLS Attendance – Equal # of Home Games|
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more