NBC Sports has announced that Everton and USA World Cup goalkeeper Tim Howard has signed a multi-year agreement to be an analyst for the network’s Premier League coverage.
Howard will serve as an analyst at up to 10 Premier League matches and on-site studio in the United Kingdom. He will work as a game analyst in the booth or in an on-site studio for the pre-game, halftime and post-game shows. His assignments will be scheduled around Everton matches and will focus on top-tier games.
Howard served as a NBCSN analyst on six game telecasts and one on-site studio last season.
“Tim had an impressive debut on our telecasts last season and we are excited to have him join our Premier League team on a more extensive basis,” said Pierre Moossa, coordinating producer of NBC Sports Group’s Premier League coverage. “As an active Premier League player, he contributes unique perspective and insight to our broadcasts.”
“I had such a great experience last season and am excited and honored to re-join the NBC Sports team,” said Howard. “Their coverage of the Premier League is fantastic and helps bring the passion of the games to America. I look forward to doing what I can to add to that.”
In the recently concluded FIFA World Cup, Howard led the United States to a second-place finish in group play and recorded 16 saves in the U.S. team’s 2-1 loss to Belgium in the Round of 16 – the most saves in a World Cup match since 1966. Howard has been the top goalkeeper for the U.S. Men’s National Team since 2007. He earned FIFA’s Golden Glove award (best goalkeeper) for his performance in the 2009 Confederations Cup, which included an eight-save showing in the team’s semifinal win over Spain.
Tim Howard began his Premier League career 11 years ago, when he was acquired from Major League Soccer’s Metrostars by then-reigning Premier League champions Manchester United. Howard impressed in his first season as United’s #1 in goal, earning a spot on the Premier League Team of the Year. In 2006, Howard made the switch to Everton, where he has been the Toffees’ starting goalkeeper for the past eight seasons. The New Jersey-born goalkeeper holds the record for most consecutive BPL appearances with one club (210), and is one of five goalkeepers in Premier League history to score a goal.
During a conference call with Tim Howard on Tuesday, NBC Sports confirmed that Howard will work as a game analyst for only Premier League games, and no MLS matches.
The Premier League season returns to NBC Sports on August 16. Here’s the complete TV schedule.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family