Based on the performances by the leading English teams so far this season, they’re going to have a difficult time in the latest round of Champions League matches beginning today.
Arsenal is playing well in terms of passing the ball around, but is unable to score with Henry looking nothing like the threat that he’s been in the past. Liverpool is far too inconsistent, and their defence is a leaky as a sieve. Chelsea is still trying to regain its form and fluid style of play, and they look vulnerable in the back. And Manchester United, while winning all of their matches, have yet to play against tough opposition.
It’s entirely possible that Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal will drop points in their matches today and tomorrow, while Manchester United is the only one that should win all three points against a much weaker Celtic side. PSV Eindhoven, Werder Bremen and Hamburg are no walks in the park, and the English teams will have to play smart football in these opening matches.
Despite the uphill climb, it’s imperative that the English clubs gain maximum points today and tomorrow.
My predictions: PSV Eindhoven 1-0 Liverpool, Chelsea 0-0 Werder Bremen, Hamburg 2-1 Arsenal and Manchester United 2-0 Celtic. Feel free to share your predictions by clicking on the ‘Comments’ link below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season