Tottenham Hotspur is planning a three-city US tour this summer, says a report in Sports Business Journal.
UPDATE: Tottenham is scheduled to play New York Red Bulls on July 31 or August 1, 2012 at Red Bull Arena, according to the New York Post.
Baltimore and Los Angeles are two of the cities poised to host the games, while the third city has not yet been determined.
Ravens President Dick Cass has said the team wants to bring international soccer back to the stadium in 2012 after not hosting a game in 2011. International soccer exhibitions were played at the 71,000-seat M&T Bank Stadium in 2009 and 2010.
It definitely helps US soccer fans that Under Armour, the Baltimore-based sportswear manufacturer, has inked a deal with Tottenham Hotspur to provide its kit/uniform for the next five years beginning with the 2012-13 season.
If Los Angeles and Baltimore will be two of the cities where Tottenham plays, which US city should be the third one? Add your vote in the comments section below.
In addition to the expected visit of Tottenham Hotspur to the United States this summer, Liverpool and Chelsea (two teams with US connections) will be playing friendlies on these shores in July.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season