Swansea City have cancelled plans to compete in the Dallas/Fort Worth international preseason tournament that was scheduled for this summer.
According to a spokesman for event organizers M3 Sport, a decision will be made in the next 48 hours whether the tournament will be held or postponed until next summer. As of press time, the plan is for the tournament, named the Intercontinental Peace Cup, to continue.
Originally, Swansea were scheduled to compete in the tournament at Dallas’ Cotton Bowl and Frisco’s Toyota Stadium with Newcastle United, Malaga, Pachuca, Olympique Lyonnais and Raja Club Athletic. However, the current list of teams on the tournament website lists Chivas de Guadalajara instead of Newcastle United.
According to a statement issued by Swansea City Football Club, “The Swans were expected to face Pachuca and Malaga, who themselves withdrew from the tournament earlier today, in the group stage.”
In the meantime, Swansea are in the process of determining new plans for their preseason preparation.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo