London (AFP) – The Czech Republic football association said on Friday that their Nations League clash against Scotland, due to take place on Monday, has been postponed due to coronavirus concerns.
West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek and Roma’s Patrik Schick missed Friday’s 3-1 win over Slovakia after being forced to self-isolate after coming into contact with a staff member of the Czech team who tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this week.
“The national team will not play against Scotland on Monday due to representatives decision and the current situation with the Covid-19,” said the English Twitter account of the Czech national team.
“The national team ends current preparations with the immediate effect straight after the win against Slovakia.”
In a further statement, the Czech federation added: “There is great concern that the virus could spread further.”
There was no immediate comment from the Scottish FA after Scotland’s 1-1 draw against Israel at Hampden on Friday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo