Paul Ince has been sacked as manager of Blackburn Rovers. It’s not much of a surprise, especially after their convincing loss away to Wigan on Saturday, but they need to move quickly to replace Ince. Blackburn face Stoke on Saturday in a must-win relegation battle.
I believe the perfect replacement for Paul Ince is Roy Keane. Sure, he’s volatile and unpredictable but he’s the perfect spark that Blackburn needs to reignite their season.
In August 2006, Roy Keane joined Sunderland as manager of the club when they were second from bottom in the Championship table. By April 2007, Keane had completely turned the club around and helped Sunderland secure promotion to the Premier League.
While life in the Premier League had been rocky for Keane this season, Ewood Park would be an ideal environment for Keane. First, it’s not too far from his Cheshire home. Second, Keane has a lot to prove. By keeping Blackburn in the Premier League, Keane’s failure at Sunderland will be a distant memory. Third, the Blackburn squad are a decent side that are capable of moving up the table. But they need a manager who can turnaround the side, change its tactics and give the players a self belief that they can win matches. That person is Roy Keane.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season