In a feel good and somewhat bizarre story, Matt Taylor who took a beating on a pathetic Chivas USA team in the inaugural season of the league and most recently a standout for amateur celebrity side Hollywood United has signed in the German Bundesliga. “Taylor has been training with Koblenz for the last 10 days,” head coach Uwe Rapolder told Yanks Abroad. “He was in the lineup for a test match against SSV Merten.” Koblenz is a Bundesliga 2 side.
I’ve always liked Matt Taylor and I think this is another case of managers in MLS and USL not knowing how to use a guy. Taylor was serviceable on Chivas USA but in 2005 the side was so inept that Taylor became a beating doll. Taylor also played for the Portland Timbers before ending up on Hollywood United.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo