Paris (AFP) – French champions Lille staggered to a toothless 0-0 draw at home to lowly Metz on Friday ahead of their midweek Champions League clash at Chelsea.
Lille are a shadow of the side that romped past Paris Saint-Germain to win Ligue 1 last year, and now sit ninth with only nine wins in 25 games.
On Friday, they were whistled off at half-time without a shot on target from strikers Jonathan David, Turkey international Burak Yilmaz or anyone else.
Coach Jocelyn Gouvernnec brought on new signing Hatem Ben Arfa and star player Renato Sanches, both of whom have Premier League experience, but to no avail.
On Saturday, runaway leaders PSG travel to Nantes, second placed Marseille host Clerment on Sunday while Nice also play Sunday at home to Angers.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season