Leicester have sacked manager Nigel Pearson with the club at the foot of the Barclays Premier League, according to reports.
Pearson led the Foxes to the Championship title last season, but his team have picked up just 17 points from their opening 24 matches of the current campaign.
Sky Sports News HQ reported he has been dismissed.
Leicester made no immediate comment.
READ MORE — Watch the incident that was the final straw when Pearson put a Crystal Palace player in a chokehold.
The 51-year-old former Southampton and Hull boss was involved in a bizarre incident in Saturday's 1-0 home defeat by Crystal Palace.
He was knocked over on the touchline by Palace midfielder James McArthur after a tackle by Marc Albrighton, resulting in what was initially a friendly exchange between the Foxes boss and Scottish player.
Pearson even playfully grabbed McArthur around the throat before helping him to his feet, only to then prevent him from returning to the pitch by grabbing hold of his shirt.
Former Leicester striker Gary Lineker, now host of BBC show Match of the Day, wrote on Twitter: "Not overly surprised that Nigel Pearson has been fired by Leicester, given they're bottom, but he's been a very good manager of the club.
"Not sure if yesterday's bizarre touchline behaviour had anything to do with Pearson's exit, but certainly shows how the job gets to 'em all."
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo