Milan (AFP) – Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic has undergone successful surgery on a knee injury which ruled him out of Euro 2020, club side AC Milan confirmed on Friday.
“Ibrahimovic underwent an arthroscopic (procedure) to his left knee in Rome,” AC Milan said in a statement, adding that “the procedure was a success.”
“Zlatan is doing well and will start his rehabilitation immediately.”
The 39-year-old pulled up in Milan’s 3-0 league win over Juventus on May 9.
Heis expected to be sidelined for another two months, according to reports in Italy.
Recovery times after this type of procedure are estimated at one month to get back running and a further month to be able to play.
Ibrahimovic could be back on the pitch just in time for the start of the new season on August 21-22.
The forward had returned to his national side last March nearly five years after his international farewell.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season