London (AFP) – Huddersfield signed former France Under-21 striker Adama Diakhaby from Monaco for an undisclosed fee on Friday.
Diakhaby has agreed a three-year contract with the Premier League club after completing a medical earlier this week.
The 22-year-old joined Monaco from Rennes last season, but made just 10 Ligue 1 starts.
He netted three goals in all competitions for Monaco and made five Champions League appearances.
Diakhaby will now head to Germany to link up with his new Huddersfield team-mates at their training camp.
“I’m very happy to be able to welcome Adama to Huddersfield Town today,” Huddersfield manager David Wagner said.
“He is a very hungry young footballer with a strong desire to succeed in England, which is fantastic for our club.
“Obviously he is still learning and improving at 22-years-old, but he already has many of the qualities that we look for in our attacking players.
“He’s a direct player who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and with genuine pace, which suits our style perfectly.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season