Galatasaray midfielder Wesley Sneijder knocked Juventus out of the UEFA Champions League after scoring the only goal of the game on a muddy pitch in Istanbul.
The match between Galatasaray and Juventus kicked off yesterday, but was abandoned due to heavy snow. Both clubs continued playing the match today on a muddy pitch where grounds crew had worked overnight to clear the snow.
In the Matchday 6 game, Juventus only needed a draw to proceed to the knockout stage of the UEFA Champions League, but the second half goal by Sneijder was the difference in the game as Roberto Mancini’s side celebrated a gigantic victory against the Italian champions.
Galatasaray are now in the final 16 of the UEFA Champions League, while Juventus will move to the Europa League.
Editor’s note: Stay updated on the latest UCL news, analysis and opinion on the UEFA Champions League page.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season