Paris (AFP) – Edinson Cavani is in line to return for Paris Saint-Germain at Nantes on Sunday after missing their last two matches following his delayed return from holiday, but Neymar is sidelined with a rib injury.
Cavani, who sat out domestic cup wins over Rennes and Amiens after returning to PSG two days late following the winter break, was included Saturday in a 19-man squad for the visit to Claudio Ranieri’s Nantes.
But Neymar, who was hurt in Wednesday’s 2-0 League Cup victory at Amiens, was left out while Javier Pastore was again overlooked after his late return from a break in Argentina.
PSG sporting director Antero Henrique said on Friday the club had wanted to deal with any disciplinary measures regarding Cavani and Pastore “in-house”, although the Uruguayan’s inclusion for the Nantes game suggests he has served his punishment.
Cavani is one away from equalling Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s club record of 156 goals.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season