Hull manager Steve Bruce has backed on-loan striker Chuba Akpom to continue to improve after the Arsenal youngster scored the second goal of the game in the 3-0 win over Ipswich.
Hull moved up to fourth in the Sky Bet Championship table with that victory and Bruce believes Akpom can play an important part in Hull’s push for promotion.
Akpom capped a man-of-the-match performance with Hull’s second goal and Bruce hopes to see more from the player who has netted three times in league and cup this campaign.
Bruce said: “He’s going to be a very very good player. He’s still got a lot to learn. He’s still got to keep his feet on the ground and work hard at it but we’re starting to see him.
“Again he’s still a young player and I’m sure he’s got a long way to go.”
After starting well for Bruce’s side Akpom has had to force his way back into the reckoning but the Hull manager is happy with the way he has slotted in alongside the club’s other young players like Sam Clucas, Andy Robertson and Moses Odubajo.
The Hull manager is happy with the way his experienced side has integrated the younger players as the team look for a quick return to the Premier League.
“We’ve got three or four young players who have come to the club. And they are still learning their trade like Clucas and Robertson and Chuba and Odubajo,” said Bruce.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo