Arsenal have agreed a £6.1million fee with Bundesliga club SC Freiburg for 19-year-old Matthias Ginter who can play either as a defender or midfielder, according to a report in the Sunday Sun today.
The newspaper reports that Arsene Wenger hopes the deal can be sealed this week for the German under-21 centre-back/midfielder, with personal terms and a medical still yet to be completed.
Whether the report in today’s newspaper is true or not, we’ll have to wait and see, but if the deal goes through, it’ll be Arsenal’s first signing this summer other than the free transfer for Ligue 2 striker Yaya Sonogo.
While a move for Ginter will be welcomed by Arsenal supporters, the club’s supporters are still crying out for some high-profile signings with Wenger having a reported £70million war chest to spend this summer.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season